Ruby Red Heels – Perhaps the most famous pair of shoes in the history of cinema are the ruby red slippers worn by Dorothy Gale in “The Wizard of Oz”. Nowadays, designers are making ruby red heels and stilettos that would frankly make Dorothy blush. See our list five dazzling red heels below. / Image: Still from “The Wizard of Oz” (1939)
1. Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Pump available at Bergdorf Goodman – Made in Italy, this classic suede pump has a block heel for a slightly retro look.
2. Charlotte Olympia Suede Slingback Pump available at Neiman Marcus – Inspired by Marilyn Monroe, this Charlotte Olympia’s slingback pump is a timeless style can go with almost any outfit.
3. Gucci High-Heel d’Orsay Crystal Pump available at Bergdorf Goodman – Made in Italy, this satin, crystal embroidered pump is a modern reincarnation of the famous ruby red slippers with a dazzling finish.
4. Kurt Geiger London Britton London Pump available at Nordstrom – This suede pump made with a skinny cigarette stiletto brings a sexy finish to just about any ensemble.
5. Prada Patent Pointed-Toe Pump available at Neiman Marcus – The classic pump is given a contemporary update with a patent venice leather finish. The pointed toe finishes the heel.