Isn’t it irritating when you are reading something and there is a constant ringing in your ears? You think it is an external sound but nothing in your surroundings seems to be producing this strange noise. The sound starts to grow and soon there is an extreme pain in your ears. You don’t know what to do and you wish the pain would stop immediately. Here’s what you can do to reduce the pain at that moment:
• Herbal pills – If have had several episodes like this before, you must keep some herbal medicine handy that can treat tinnitus. The constant ringing in your ear and not being able to hear occasionally are clear signs that you have tinnitus and it needs to be treated immediately. The herbal pills are a mix of ginkgo biloba, magnesium, and zinc – three ingredients that can suppress the ringing sensation and help you hear clearly. Take a tablet of Calminax with water daily for over a month to get the best results.
• Removing earwax – It is quite easy to overlook the removal of earwax because after all, who gets the time to pick dirt and dust from their ears, right? Well, that can be one of the reasons why you have this constant ringing. You may not know it, but there are professionals who specialize in getting rid of ear wax. So, if you are not sure of doing this thing on your own, get the experts to do it for you.
• Hearing aids – Although this should be the last option and you must consult a doctor first, it can certainly help you get away with tinnitus and its side effects. Tinnitus is often accompanied by partial hearing loss and that’s when hearing aids will prove to be a must-have.
Diagnosis of tinnitus
The first symptom of tinnitus is the ringing noise in your ears. It will cause some pain before you start observing that you can’t hear from one or both ears properly. Following is how the diagnosis is done for tinnitus and the severity of the condition is determined.
• Audiological test – This test helps to find out the possible causes of the hearing problem. You will sit in a soundproof room with earphones. The doctor will play specific sounds one by one in one ear and then the other. You will have to indicate which sounds you are able to hear and which ones you are not. The results of the test will be compared with the results of a normal person who does not have tinnitus or any hearing problem.
• Imagining test – Depending on the level of your hearing problem and the suspected cause of tinnitus, you will be asked to go for an MRI or CT scan. The result will help in determining the type of treatment you will need.
Tinnitus is not an uncommon problem and it can be treated without minimal fuss. However, you need to make sure that you visit the doctor as soon as you observe the common symptoms of this disease. The searing pain will soon become unbearable and you will wish you would have acted fast.
About the Author:
Jim Bevin is a passionate writer, guest blogger, and a social media enthusiast. The primary focus is writing high-quality articles after in-depth research and make sure it is a readers delight. Information is key and he abides by the rule of writing articles that will appeal to a broader audience. He has published various articles on authoritative magazines like TripOnTech, Social Media Explorer, ThriveGlobal etc.