To all grey hair women out there, here you can find out the exact answer: does gold jewelry go with grey hair? Before you jump onto the details, go ahead and remove the thought that gold jewelry and grey hair are the ideal combinations. According to the experts, you should avoid wearing yellow and gold jewelry pieces if you have grey hair.
There is no hesitation in embracing grey hair. It’s a sign of age, and as you know, age is nothing but a number. You can flaunt those strands gracefully and elegantly no matter how much grey you have. We all want to wear the right pieces of clothing, shoes, and jewelry. One of the easy ways to sparkle and accentuate your grey hair is to wear white gold jewelry or silver and platinum jewelry for those accessories.
Moreover, it is suggested to opt for jewelry pieces that are designed with multiple colored metals. With these designs, you can flaunt your grey hair with pride. Those who choose jewelry pieces made of white gold, silver, and platinum end up giving a harmonious look when stepping out.
All in all, you should go with complementary jewelry-colored pieces and avoid wearing yellow and gold jewelry. Look below to read more tips and find some simple ways of making your grey hair shine on its own.
Why does gold jewelry not go with grey hair?
As mentioned before, gold jewelry does not go that well with grey hair. It’s not a complementary tone and can easily make you look washed out. Regardless of if you have silver-colored hair or white hair, or primarily grey hair, you should not accompany your outfit with gold jewelry. Instead, you can wear silver jewelry pieces of pewter jewelry. Opting for such jewelry shades and materials, you will automatically look great with your grey hair.
Furthermore, the gold earrings clash with grey hair. Many jewelry experts and hairstyling experts from the USA have shared this tip throughout the years. Wearing gold earrings with grey hair doesn’t make the best combination. However, if you have two-tone grey hair dye, it is alright and fashionable to wear gold and silver jewelry.
What jewelry to avoid with grey hair?
Apart from gold jewelry, there are other jewelry items that you should avoid if you have grey hair. Celebrities like Helen Mirren, Meryl Streeyp, and Jane Fonda have white and grey hair. Discover even more tips to look your best with the shade.
Say no to olive green and caramel-colored jewelry with grey hair
First of all, you should avoid wearing jewelry pieces that are packed with the shades of mustard, camel, rust, and olive green. These jewelry piece hues do not work well with grey hair. Your whole look will become flat if your jewelry is of these shades. It is recommended to wear jewelry that carries mint, lavender, rose red, and taupe shades. With such a selection of shades, you will be able to enhance your grey hair’s tone. In addition, it is best to wear vibrant jewelry colors with grey hair.
Say no to yellow and gold jewelry with grey hair
In the same way, it is strongly recommended to stop wearing yellow and gold jewelry with grey hair. If you do so, it means you might be making a poor fashion choice at your end. Most importantly, yellow and gold jewelry pieces can end up making you look washed out. Your skin no longer looks fresh, and in fact, you look pale. For accentuating your grey hair look, you stay away from wearing yellow and gold jewelry. On the other hand, choosing white gold, silver jewelry, and platinum jewelry options is suggested.
Say no to amber and coral-colored jewelry with grey hair
If your jewelry pieces have colors like yellow topaz and amber or coral, avoid wearing and fusing them with your grey hair. This one is another bad combination that you should avoid if possible. No doubt, these stones will not look good with your hair color. Instead, women with grey hair can wear jewels like emeralds, rubies, and amethysts, garnet. They can even consider wearing rose quartz and diamonds.
Say no to bronze and tan-colored jewelry with grey hair
Your grey hair will not look its best if you wear bronze and tan-colored jewelry with it. These are not suitable jewelry shades that you should combine with your grey hair look. Instead of accenting the color, it clashes and can make you look pale or washed out. Moreover, you can accent and boost your grey hair shade if you wear jewelry pieces of burgundy, steel blue, and pewter.
Tips to enhance your grey hair look when choosing the right jewelry
If you want more information on looking fabulous with your grey hair, here is a guide. You want to enhance your hair rather than have it look dull. Find out more below:
- Now, you should already know that it is not a wise idea to wear gold jewelry with grey hair. In the future, you can make your grey hair look more fashionable and chic looking by avoiding wearing cheap-looking jewelry. In addition, avoid wearing jewelry pieces that are too small in size. If you do so, then your outfit and makeup look can look rather drab.
- Moreover, we suggest wearing larger jewelry pieces with this hair color. As grey hair stands out from the crowd, it means you should prefer wearing big and bolder jewelry. Look for statement earrings that manage to look much more flattering on your face.
- But just because you have grey hair, it doesn’t mean you have to be boring. Instead of string pearls, wear a dramatic pendant. Mix modern and classic styles for a bold look.
- With grey hair, brushed metals look stunning as well. Pieces like those will harmonize your look and take it to the next level. Brushed metals also have an antique look, so you can pull out a family heirloom.
How to accessorize grey hair?
For accessorizing your grey hair, we have already mentioned lots of tips and suggestions to make it stand out. But find out even more below. Once again, try to avoid wearing gold jewelry with grey hair. That’s something most stylists agree on. In addition, if you do not have naturally grey hair or you colored your hair with a grey tone on, make sure to wear the right jewelry piece with it:
- Concerning the jewelry pieces, you should try choosing jewelry pieces that have high contrast shades. For example, you can purchase jewelry pieces that are available in black and white color combinations.
- Try adding as many pops of color in your jewelry collection as much as you can! If you follow this tip, your grey hair will look super stunning.
- Some like to go with jewelry pieces consisting of the shade range of rich purple, red, and lavender tones.
- Avoid wearing ivory jewelry stuff and stick with the shade range of pure white, navy, and black color shades.
- With grey hair, you can even wear jewelry pieces available in royal blue, purple, violet, and sapphire, magenta shades.
- In addition, green is a tricky jewelry color that you should avoid wearing unless finding a deeper hue. We hope that you now understand the in-depth approach and jewelry option range if you have grey hair.
The details mentioned above have given you the precise answer: does gold jewelry go with grey hair? And most people would agree that the answer is: no. In other words, your grey hair look may look dull and a lot more boring if you wear yellow and gold jewelry with it. In addition, try to stay away with jewelry options in the shade range of olive green, caramel, yellow gold, amber, and coral-colored jewelry.
We know that grey hair comes in different tones and shades. Whether you have salt and pepper hair color, steel grey color, or champagne to pure white hair color, you should follow the above guide.
Moreover, with grey hair, you should try wearing bright and bolder jewelry pieces. Come up with the contrasting shades and choose the jewelry piece that is available in a bolder hue. You can even wear a jewelry piece that carries more of a neutral color palette. Subdued tones will also complement those with grey hair.
So if you have grey hair, we hope this guide helped. Look in your closet and discover which jewelry pieces to avoid and which ones work. And remember that you can always wear what makes you feel happy.