Do you have sagging or drooping breasts due to aging, pregnancy, or breastfeeding? Do you feel like your breasts have lost a significant amount of volume and fullness after major weight loss? Are you considering breast augmentation to restore the youthful appearance of your breasts but do not want breast implants? If so, natural breast augmentation can help add volume and fullness to your breasts by using your own body fat. This procedure enhances your breast contour while removing unwanted fatty tissue from your body.
Benefits of Natural Breast Augmentation
Natural breast augmentation has a lot of benefits to offer, such as:
- Allows the removal of unwanted fatty tissue from your body: If you have unwanted fatty tissue in your body, this can be harvested through a process called liposuction, a body contouring procedure that uses a small, thin tube attached to a powerful suction to break down and remove fat cells. This process sculpts the donor site effectively.
- Requires only a few small incisions at the donor site: During the process of fat harvesting, a few small incisions will be created at the donor site to allow the insertion of the small, thin tube that will be used for liposuction.
- Produces safe and effective results: Natural breast augmentation is associated with a lower risk of complications than breast implant augmentation because it makes use of your own body fat to add volume and fullness to your breasts. Since there is no foreign object involved, there is a zero chance of rippling, transplant rejection, or rupture.
- Provides a more natural look and feel to your breasts: By using your own body fat, the procedure allows natural enhancement of your breasts while preserving breast and nipple sensation.
- Permits quicker recovery time: The procedure is associated with a lower risk of complications and does not require large incisions so you will be able to resume work and daily activities in a few weeks.
- Results in minimal scars: Unlike breast implant surgery which requires large incisions, natural breast augmentation results in minimal scars because the incisions used during fat harvesting via liposuction are very small (one-eighth of an inch to a half inch). Moreover, the processed fat is administrated to the areas of your breast via injections.
How Natural Breast Augmentation is performed
According to Cosmos Clinic Sydney, natural breast augmentation involves the following steps:
- The consultation period: During this period, your health history, breast condition, and expectations will be carefully assessed in order to create a customized treatment plan specific to your needs.
- Harvesting of fat from the donor site/s: Depending on the amount of fat being removed, you will receive local or general anesthesia to minimize discomfort during the process of liposuction. The fat can be harvested from your abdomen, flanks, thighs, or hips.
- Processing of fat in the laboratory: To promote the growth and viability of the harvested fat, it is processed in the laboratory using techniques to purify the fat cells. Once processed, it will be placed in vials to prepare it for injection.
- Injection of the purified fat: The purified fat will be strategically injected into your breasts to add volume and fullness. The amount of fat that will be injected will depend on the cup size you want to achieve and your skin elasticity.
Ideal Candidates for Natural Breast Augmentation
During your consultation, you will undergo an assessment to check your health and treatment goals and to determine if the procedure is right for you. In general, you are an ideal candidate for natural breast augmentation if:
- You have sagging, flattened, elongated, or uneven breasts: The procedure is recommended if you have breasts that have lost their volume due to aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or major weight loss. You are also a good candidate for the procedure if you are born with uneven breasts or breasts that are too small for your body frame.
- You want a modest increase in your breast size: It is important to keep in mind that natural breast augmentation can only achieve a modest increase in your breast size by 1 to 2 cup sizes. The reason for injecting a limited amount of purified fat is that the fat does not have its own blood supply in order to survive. Instead, the injected fat relies on the blood supply in your breast to keep it alive. If more fat is injected into your breasts than can be supported, your body will reabsorb the fat, resulting in the formation of hardened lumps or oil cysts.
- You have good skin elasticity: The procedure will produce natural and better results if you have good skin elasticity. This is because the skin on your breast can house the transferred fat effectively and adjust easily to your new breast contour.
- You have extra fat available in your body: To achieve well-proportioned breasts, you will need at least 1,000 milliliters of pure fat harvested from your body, such as your abdomen, flanks, thighs, or hips.
- You have realistic expectations about the procedure: The procedure can only achieve a modest increase in your breast size by 1 to 2 cup sizes. If you desire a significant increase in your breast size, you should consider breast implant augmentation.
Natural breast augmentation can help restore the youthful appearance of your breasts without the need for implants. Aside from recreating your breasts, the procedure also sculpts the donor site by removing unwanted fatty tissue, resulting in improved body contour.