Summer may seem far off, but if you want to lose weight for the beach or your health, why not start preparing now? While there are a million different ways to go about this, we believe that scaling your meals is one of the best methods. In this blog post, we will discuss what food to eat and what to avoid in order to help you achieve your ideal summer body! We’ll also give you some tips on how big your portions should be, so you can stay on track while still enjoying your meals.
Types of food you should have as the staple of your diet
When it comes to healthy food, you’ll want to focus on eating lean proteins, healthy fats, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Lean proteins such as chicken breast, fish, and tofu are great for helping you build muscle while staying lean. This should help you maintain a good BMI (body mass index). Use this tool to check your current BMI. Healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, and olive oil are essential for maintaining your desired weight, and they also provide plenty of health benefits. Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients and antioxidants that can help improve your overall health.
Types of food you should avoid
Here are four types of food you should avoid in excess when preparing your body for summer:
- Fried foods: Foods that are fried in oil or butter tend to be high in unhealthy fats. These foods can cause weight gain and make it challenging to maintain a healthy weight during the summer months.
- Sugary drinks: Beverages like soda, energy drinks, and fruit juices can contain a lot of sugar. High sugar intake can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
- Processed meats: Hot dogs, bacon, and sausage are examples of processed meats. These meats are often high in saturated fat, which can increase your risk for heart disease.
- Dairy products: Dairy products like cheese, milk, and ice cream can be high in fat and calories. Consuming too much dairy can lead to weight gain.
It’s important to avoid these foods in excess if you’re looking to lose weight or maintain it during the summer months.
It is important to scale your meals properly
One common challenge people face when trying to eat healthily is knowing how to portion their food properly. Eating too much or too little can both have negative consequences for your health, so it’s essential to find the right balance. Here are a few tips on how to scale your meal portions for a healthy diet:
- Start by evaluating your current portion sizes. Are you eating more than you should be? Or not enough?
- Think about what a healthy portion size looks like for each type of food you typically eat.
- Use visual cues to help you control your portions. For example, use a smaller plate to limit the amount of food you serve yourself.
- Take your time while eating, and stop when you’re full. Don’t overeat just because the food is there.
- Watch for signs of how your body feels after eating. Do you feel bloated or lethargic? That might be a sign that you need to eat less next time.
When it comes to portion size, you’ll want to aim for around six ounces of protein, one ounce of healthy fat, and three to six cups of fruits or vegetables per meal. This may not seem like a lot, but remember that you can always add more if you’re still hungry. And if you find that you’re not able to finish your plate, then simply scale back the next time you eat!
Yet, all this information is useless to you if you can’t properly measure the food yourself. Approximate assumptions will always be beaten by math you get from high-quality scales. This is why scales are great for every kitchen, regardless of whether you are trying to lose weight or make perfect cupcakes. A good scale is just as important of a tool as a knife is in the kitchen.
In order to scale your meals and get a leaner body, you’ll want to make sure that each meal is packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. This will help keep you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day, without overindulging in unhealthy foods. Additionally, make sure to drink plenty of water and get in some exercise, whether it’s a light jog or just taking a walk around the neighborhood. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to achieving that healthier body you’ve always dreamed of!
Using a scale for your meal is important for losing weight or if you want to reduce food waste. We hope these tips help you on your way to becoming more healthy.